Welcome to the Office of the Secretary of Public Safety
Secretary Rhodes Attends the Virginia Public Safety Foundation' Presentation of the Commonwealth Public Safety Medal of Valor and the Commonwealth Meritorious Service Medal
Governor McDonnell and the First Lady Attend the Ribbon Cutting at the Freedom Support Center in Petersburg
Secretary Rhode Visits Several DJJ Locations in the Richmond Area
Forensic Science Academy Graduates its 84th Class
Swearing In for Bryan Rhode, Secretary of Public Safety
Flicker Downloading Instructions:
- On the Flickr slideshow click on the Flicker logo at the top left hand corner to open the photostream page for the set.
- Once you've arrived at the Flickr site for a particular event (set), you will see a table of thumbnail photos for that set.
- Under the Title of the event (on the left hand side) you will see three options: Thumbnails, Detail, and Comments. Select Detail.
- Next, you should see larger versions of the photos with the photo file name below each one.
- Click on the photo you want. Above the photo you will see two drop down links: Actions and Share. Select Actions.
- Click on the drop down link for Actions and you will see the option to View all sizes. Select View all sizes. Choose that option and you will see all the available options and a link to download (listed above the picture). As you choose different sizes, the link to download will change to download the currently selected size. If you want to print the photo or project the image in a slideshow, you will probably want to choose to download the original size; otherwise a smaller file size will work fine.
- Once you have chosen the desired file size, click the download the...size of this photo.
Secretary Decker recently shared her thoughts on the skills and attributes that will be needed to run prehospital systems of the future with EMS World. Below is an excerpt from her article and a link to view the complete article:
Preparing the Leaders of Tomorrow: "Mentoring the next generation of leaders is critical to the future of any organization, but particularly in fire and EMS, where heroes thrive. Despite the new world in which we live and the new requirements to lead, there is absolutely no substitute for practical knowledge and good old-fashioned experience. That is why it is so important to not just train, but to mentor, our new generation of leaders. The future of public safety will need broad shoulders, strong constitutions and servants' hearts to carry on the legacy of those who served before them."Read Secretary Decker's complete article here
Governor McDonnell’s Taskforce on School and Campus Safety
The Governor’s Taskforce on School and Campus Safety is meeting consistent with Executive Order No. 56. Click here for more information on the Taskforce.
Spotlight Spotlight Archives »
Governor Proclaims December as National Guard Month
WHEREAS, as the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States, the Virginia National Guard traces the traditions of selfless service to the founding of the Jamestown Colony in 1607; and
WHEREAS, since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, more than 15,000 Virginia Soldiers and Airmen have served on active duty in support of Operations Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom and New Dawn, helping to maintain security in the United States and further the cause of freedom around the world; and ...
... NOW, THEREFORE, I, Robert F. McDonnell, do hereby recognize December 2013 as VIRGINIA NATIONAL GUARD MONTH in our COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, and I call this observance to the attention of all our citizens.
Latest News More News »